Ross C. Goodman is a Las Vegas native who served as a Major in the U.S. Marine Corps. In 2001, Ross started a boutique criminal defense practice following his father Oscar B. Goodman who was a nationally acclaimed criminal defense attorney.Learn More
Juvenile Crimes Defense Information
uvenile Crimes Defense Attorney : INTRODUCTION
How the Nevada Juvenile Justice System Operates
Juvenile Offenders Dealing with Adult Crimes
- Defendants aged 13 and above can be charged for murder or attempted murder
- Defendants aged 14 and above can stand in court for most other felony charges
- Cetification for elevation to an adult court is presumptive when the alleged crime involves sexual offenses, category A or B felony complaints, or firearms-related charges.
- Certification for elevation to an adult court is almost always assured when the case involves murder/attempted murder or any other felony that results in death or severe bodily harm.
- Certification for elevation to an adult court is possible for minor offenses if the prosecution can convince the juvenile court that such a move is necessary.
Penalties for Juvenile Crimes
- home custody under a competent guardian or parent
- enrollment in a youth program
- suspension of driver’s license for a maximum of 90 days (if applicable)
- medical, psychological, or counseling care
- extended juvenile detention for more serious juvenile crimes that don’t merit adult court hearings
Dealing with Juvenile Crimes with Goodman Criminal Defense Attorney
A large portion of the Las Vegas population is composed of youths and minors. While the majority of these young individuals are law-abiding citizens contributing to the development of the city, there are still bad apples who fall in with bad company and commit a variety of crimes. Juvenile offenders are handled differently from adult defendants, with most penalties involving spending time in youth correctional facilities and going through seminars. However, if they continue to commit these offenses, they are at risk of being treated as adult defendants with the risk of facing the full penalties for their crimes.
Protecting a minor from a bleak future involves the help of a veteran Las Vegas defense attorney. Goodman Criminal Defense Attorney handles juvenile charges in Las Vegas with aplomb, thanks to his experience with similar cases through his two decades of service as a defense attorney. You can be assured that you can get an acquittal or a reduced sentence with your juvenile charge through his help.